The best ideas can come from anywhere.
Do you have an idea that supports one of Davidson's big shifts,? Big or small, all ideas are welcome!Over the next 4 years, the college aims to shift from...
- ...traditional, established paths for student experiences -- to -- adaptable, student-centered experiences & processes
- ...contained reputation and reach -- to -- global reputation, reach, & impact
- ...conventional, siloed organization -- to -- adaptable, diverse, cross-functional & inclusive organization
- ...self-contained -- to -- leverage connections & partnerships with schools & companies
- ...Financial Aid too dependent on Annual Fund -- to -- socio-economic diversity is fiscally assured
We should move spring break to the second week of March so that our break better aligns with other colleges.
A dehumidifier that has a hydroponics system attached to it and uses the water collected for the plants.
Everything in union should be accessible with meal swipes! If they're worth $10, then it should Operate like 10 dining dollars? Union's such a tease for upperclassman on block plans without dining dollars 😢
(1) When the system opens early in the morning, students report website/browser crashing, and cannot get the courses they want in the first minute.
(2) For spots that open up later in the week, it creates pressure for students to constantly check course availability throughout the week.
(3) Most troubling,... more »
At the end of every semester, each class conducts teacher evaluations. I believe that these should be public to students as it will assist in students picking their classes. Students already do this informally with ratemyprofessor.com. Instead of fighting this, Davidson should realize there is a higher demand for teacher reviews and help.
Regardless of intentions to remain objective in judging student work, a professor's or grader's unconscious bias may arise and lead to unfair assessment. Therefore, this project aims to eliminate any potentially harmful bias by requiring that all assessments are submitted and graded anonymously.
Meal Swipes should be able to be used at any time, as long as one of the dining services on campus is open. We are paying for the meals and therefore it is unfair that we have to wait until a new meal period to be able to eat, which can often result in un-used meal swipes.
Have tablets or small screens mounted outside the most frequently used rooms on campus,ie. Lilly Gallery, 900 Room, Sprinkle Room. Red Ventures Club etc. These tablets would draw daily schedules for that space from the EMS calendar and display times the space was being used or free.